The Russell Sage College (RSC) Libraries are open for use by current students, faculty, and staff.
Alumni may consult our Alumni Privileges page for further information.
Public patrons without an affiliation with the Russell Sage College or without a RSC I.D. card are restricted from entering or using the college libraries.
Due to safety restrictions, there will be no outside visitors or guests allowed inside the RSC Libraries.
Access to the libraries requires a key fob for entry. Current RSC community members (including commuters, graduate, and UHA residence students) may obtain a key fob by filling out a request form for key fobs here. Residence students’ key fobs are enabled for the libraries already.
Continuation of all access and use privileges depends on patrons’ compliance with all library policies and procedures, including the Spirit of Learning: Statement on Appropriate Conduct on Campus (see statement below). The following conditions apply to all users:
- Individuals should be prepared to show proper identification at the Circulation Desk, when requested.
- All persons, when requested, must be prepared to allow the inspection of any briefcases, knapsacks, or other items large enough to contain library materials.
- RSC students, faculty and staff have priority for the use of library resources and spaces.
- Children under 16 must be accompanied by an adult.
- Smoking, including “vaping” electronic cigarettes, is forbidden in any library building.
- Food is not permitted in the Library. Covered beverages are allowed. Library users are expected to dispose of empty bottles/beverage containers in trash and recycling bins provided throughout the library. Food and drink are not permitted in the poetry room on the second floor of the Shea Learning Center.
- Guide dogs are permitted in the library.
- Compliance with Borrowing Policies is required.
- Users are expected to be courteous about noise that they generate when meeting in small study groups, conversing with others, or using cell phones.
- The second floor of the Shea Learning Center is designated as a “Quiet Floor”. In the SCA Library, the Verschoor Room is designated as a quiet study space.
- Users are expected to leave promptly at closing times and when fire alarms sound.
- Use of library computers: please refer to our policy page, Computer Use.
THE SPIRIT OF LEARNING: STATEMENT ON APPROPRIATE CONDUCT ON CAMPUS
All members of The Russell Sage College community are expected to conduct themselves in a way which respects the learning environment. Thus, Sage has the right to remove any student from a classroom, other academic area, or program at any time if the student’s behavior is contrary to the spirit of learning or hinders the operation of the program in any way. Violent, disruptive, harassing or intimidating behavior is not tolerated in the classroom or any other place on campus. Any student whose conduct disrupts a class or other learning environment may be required to leave the premises immediately and subjected to disciplinary and/or legal action.