To reserve a room, stop by the front desk. You can also call us at (518) 244-4546 in Troy and (518) 292-1722 in Albany. Room reservations in the Shea Learning Center can also be made by Sage community members (current faculty, staff, and students) using the room reservation form, which sends an email to circulation staff.
Room Reservation Policies
Room use without a reservation is on a first come first served basis with the understanding that students will be asked to relocate if a reservation is made for the room.
Reservations are always given priority.
Reservations can be made for 2-hour blocks of time. During peak times, the library reserves the right to limit reservations to 4 hour blocks.
Reservations can be made up to two weeks in advance. Same day reservations can be made, but it is recommended that reservations be made 24 hours in advance.
If no one occupies the room after 30 minutes of the reserved time, the room will be made available to other students.
Use of Sage Libraries study spaces and rooms is subject to principles described in the Spirit of Sage: Statement on Appropriate Conduct on Campus.
Shea Learning Center (Troy Library):
Note: Shea Learning Center Room 117 contains a DVD player. All study rooms have televisions which can connected to laptops. If you are using a Mac and need an HDMI adapter, please see the circulation desk.
To maximize the utilization of study spaces, reservations may be made for the Shea Learning Center as follows:
- Individuals may reserve 115, 117, and 207.
- Groups of 2 or more may reserve 115, 116, 117, 202, 203, 206, and 207.
- Groups of 4 or more may reserve 115, 116, 117, 202, 203, 205, 206, and 207.
- Faculty may reserve 201, 204 and B01.
- The poetry room (204) is a silent study space and is not reservable by students.
SCA Learning Center (Albany Library):
The SCA Learning Center has two basement study rooms available for reservation:
- The Media Room has a computer, television screen, a table with seating capacity for 8-10, and a large dry erase board.
- The Study Room has a table with seating capacity for 6-8, television screen, and a dry erase board.
Comments or questions about this policy may be addressed to Regina Vertone, Access Services Librarian ([email protected]).